A roleplay forum where the limit is your imagination, and the admin.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:50 pm

Though I might make holy weapons be an enchantment rather than a type of ammunition. Just seems a bit more practical if they can already enchant their swords to do that.
Talon's armor design in her pic could even be the type of armor they wear, just with a bit more armor plating(Since hers is supposed to be a damaged version)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:36 am

Yeah, I guess that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:38 am

Right now I'm just thinking up how to write these guys. And kind of want to think of how they're going to chase Talon without a hellgate, because this order endlessly hunting the Hellwalker sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:03 am

Hell tends to leave a kind of..."Afterimage" or "Essence" whenever it leaves a place it was tethered to. If a group or person had the technology or magical know-how, they could probably engineer a transdimensional portal from the leftover interdimensional energies and magical effects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:09 am

Also thinking the absence of hell on their world could lead to another drawback for Talon: They die, they just return to their world. Makes them an enemy she can only slow down rather than stop entirely once they find a way to use the dimensional energy. And recurring death is sure to drive them crazy enough to not think "maybe we should just stop"

Which reminds me of another concept I was thinking of for enemies, Hell Knights. Demon corrupted versions of dead Hellwatchers, at least the ones who actively did horrible shit like burning down cities for suspicion of demon taint and killing innocents for the same reason.

This is all stuff I'm pretty much just thinking of, if it doesn't work it won't be put in.

Through just planning this RP I've already sorta figured out a recurring antagonist for Talon and I wasn't even really looking for one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:27 am

Well, maybe not knights of this Hell. Either of the demon-lords/Hell-kings I was thinking of wouldn't allow something so evil to become a part of their groups. They both only allow "Good" aligned demons and fallen angels to join in with them. That's why they torture damned souls, to beat the evil out of them. But demonic corruption is still very possible, they would be traveling between dimensions, the "place" where demons exist in surplus, ending up chosen and possessed/corrupted by demons...well, that's a very real possibility.

As for dying and then coming back as a bodiless soul every time they die, no, not so much. If they were to die in a universe/dimension/world where a death-aspect (A "Reaper") were present, then they would go to whatever "Underworld" (What "Hell" is one of) is most associated with that world, damning them to whatever torturous afterlife awaits in that world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:44 am

Yeah I'm not thinking very well tonight, getting pretty tired.

The Hell Knight concept could be used for the group Talon takes with her. Maybe absorbing more demon souls makes her more resistant to possession, while the devil drainers of the others in the group are much less powerful. So the ones she takes with get possessed and she has to fight them, while the one that attempted to possess her only half-fuses with her(or something like that), creating the form she has now. Since the soul absorption thing isn't only something she has, it's something shared by the order. She just happens to be better at demon slaying.

I'm also considering the possibility of Talon willingly joining the demons rather than fighting them(after learning they're not actually really evil), but there's not as much of an interesting story there plus they're probably pissed at her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:00 am

If she's slaughtering them, yeah, they would be more than a little angry. I kinda like the concept of other knights of her order becoming the hell-knights that way, but why the change in Talon's transformation? Was the one we discussed earlier not as good? If so, cool that you came up with something you like better, if not...well, why then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:58 am

The transformation would be about the same as the one she had originally, I just explained it differently. Where she enters the gate and just entering it alters her physically, just her power keeps it from altering her TOO mentally.
I'm trying to explain why they'd get controlled by entering it, but not her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:20 am

Demonic possession. Simple as that. They're all pretty much full lawful/chaotic evil, demons would find it really easy to possess them with little to no effort. Talon's pretty much the only good apple in the bunch, so they wouldn't be able/have a reason to possess her (until she starts killing off the weaker ones of their group, sending them into a rage before the DatC gives her weapons and demonic powers of her own later, like we had talked about).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:27 am

That works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:02 am

Alright, we've got everything we need, now we just need to start the RP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:24 am

I started the thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:10 am

Yeah, I saw. Don't really know how to respond right now though. Sorry man. I've been on a...bit of a rough and somewhat tight schedule recently, that's the main reason I haven't responded on MU in a while even though posts have been made for me to respond to. My head's just not in the game right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:11 am

That's fine, I can wait.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Also idea for how to adapt Talon's prosthetic to this version: During the fight with the possessed knights, one of them manages to sever her arm. This is before she gains her regenerative power, of course.
The arm is pretty much demon biotech, looking similar to the Devil Bringer from Devil May Cry. I'll come up with what special abilities it has later, so far what I have is the soul-grapple and it having clawed fingers. Maybe an integrated gun, like with the arm Guts from Berserk(A manga that just recently got a new pretty good anime adaptation, first episode came out yesterday and I just watched it this morning) has.

Edit:
I'm actually thinking she'll get really badly wounded during the fight even aside from the arm loss. Like to a point where DatC basically saves her life.

She's used to demons, but the Hellwatchers are very well trained. Plus the shock of having to fight her former comrades could effect her ability to fight.

So far I decided she loses her eyes and her left forearm in the fight.

Last edited by Erashous on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:41 am

I started the RP whenever you want to join.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:26 pm

Yeah. Honestly, when you posted that, I just had no idea how to continue on from what you gave me. I still don't, there's not really any place for me to intro either of my characters, and I haven't built either of the potential big bosses for Hell to intro, so I really have no idea where to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:58 pm

I'm really just not sure where to start it except like right in the action like that one. It's just a random demon fight that happens to be building up to her going through the hellgate later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:22 pm

I updated the starter, hopefully with room to join in this time. It's less mid-action and more post-action now. And I named Talon's knight squad that ends up dying later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)   

Back to top Go down

Hell on Earth(Talon Hawke intro story)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2