Total Fantasy Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A roleplay forum where the limit is your imagination, and the admin.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 11:13 pm

Player ID: Crazyzealot
Character name: Talon Hawke
Race: Dragon/Human Hybrid
Body Shape: Humanoid
Height: 7 feet tall
Weight: A bit heavy
Appearance: Tall with a muscular physique. Has long white hair and silver slitted eyes. Rather large breasted, with greyish white scales all over her body in place of skin([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and pointed ears. Black lips. Has shiny metallic scales along places on her body(Lower back, ankles, knees, forearms, a little below each eye, and the neckline), though they can be hidden at will. Has retractable metallic claws instead of nails. Dragon tail.
Known Languages: English, Draconic
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Based off of what show/game/etc: Castlevania, Devil May Cry, God of War
Strengths: Her draconic physiology makes her stronger, faster, and gives her the ability to regenerate. Capable of using magic.
Weaknesses: She may be able to regenerate wounds, but she can still be killed.
Other: Bisexual
Character History:
Talon is one of the most recent of the once-famous Hawke line of beast and demon hunters on Tawfret. She was trained since childhood to be a beast hunter, though due to lack of extremely dangerous beasts to take on, the once-famous Hawke line faded into obscurity. The fact that nothing was being done, coupled with how Talon really didn't feel like anyone wanted her there due to being treated like an abomination for being half-dragon, led to her leaving.

Talon travels the world as a wandering mercenary, simply taking any job that comes up. Though if there's a chance to take on a serious threat to the world, she'd definitely take it, more for fun than anything. She mostly worked on her own, due to it being a completely random chance that someone would actually help her rather than kill her for her draconic appearance, with her getting in numerous bar fights, fighting off a seemingly endless amount of criminals that try to attack her, and more.
Eventually she was taken in by a band of mercenaries led by a man named Silas Cayman, working with them for several years, considering the group her first actual friends. That came to an end when they found what Silas was actually looking for: Artifacts that could transform the user into a death god, in exchange for the sacrifice of numerous people, along with plunging the world into darkness. The entire group was killed, with Talon being the only one who survived, promising herself that she would kill the one who betrayed her.
The world was merged with the Hells as well, turned into a constantly shifting landscape full of monsters, which definitely gave Talon a lot more to do. She was blamed for the event known as the Merging by the other Hawkes and the Tawfretian Empire's demon hunters, which led to her being marked for death and constantly hunted, eventually escaping by traveling to the wasteland of Zharkonus. She spent years there, fighting in the constant Orc civil wars until she eventually found a lead on finding Silas, now known as Maltorias. Intent on revenge, she made her way back, ready to kill anything that stood in her way.

Equipment:
Her armor. The coat below, but with light armor on the arms, legs, and chest, along with light metal boots, all enchanted to disappear when she shifts to her dragon form, or just at will.
Her current armor design:
Armor(Edited a bit to match her skin tone):

(Only applies if character has abilities or techniques)
Abilities/Techniques:
Rage: Not quite a supernatural ability, but some things set her off to a point where her strength and speed are even more than usual.
Regeneration
Kinetic blasts
Fire magic - Being born of a Steel dragon, this is her most powerful element next to electricity. She is able to cast much stronger magic of this element.
Electric magic - Being born of a Steel dragon, this is her second most powerful element. She is able to cast much stronger magic of this element.
Draconic Wings: Is able to double jump, which takes the appearance of spirit wings appearing to boost her second jump.
Enhanced strength, speed, and jumping capability
Immortality(Ageless)
Draconic form: Is capable of transforming into a humanoid dragon form, with steel colored scales all across the body, and a large sword. Capable of firing blasts of flame and/or electricity from her mouth in this form, and it strengthens her magic. Lasts up to an hour, though she suffers a huge crash when it wears off depending on how long she keeps it up, with her almost immediately falling unconscious if she lets it go until the last minute.
Darkvision(60 ft): Is able to see up to 60 feet in pure darkness, with everything showing up in shades of grey in this state.
Dragon claws: Is able to turn her hands into clawed appendages at will, whether to slash enemies or even to use her scales as a sort of shield.
Scale armor: Is capable of causing her draconic scales to materialize on her body at will, acting as natural armor.
Time slow/time accelerate: Being a Tawfretian dragon leads to her being able to manipulate time, though Steel dragons are probably the weakest at it. She is able to slow down time slightly(allowing her to aim more accurately), and manipulate time to move faster, but that's about it.

Weapons:
All her weapons have numerous runes etched along them, allowing them to harm magical/demonic creatures.
Voidslayer: A longsword with several runes on it lined with silver, with a sheath that is a massive greatsword blade, or rather a massive slab of iron. The longsword locks into the "sheath", making it effectively work as both a regular sized sword and a massive blade large enough to cut almost anything using its sheer weight. The sheath also has an explosive trigger, so if necessary Talon can launch the greatsword blade like a missile. It is enchanted with a permanent flame when it's unsheathed, and able to be called to her hand at will.
Sawed off double barrel shotgun.
A large revolver, the handcannon. Holds 8 rounds. Instead of switching ammo types by loading new ammo, the runes allow her to enchant the bullets individually with a mental command. The recoil is such that only someone with inhuman strength can wield it effectively.
The Hunter Gauntlets: A pair of gauntlets with several slots for enchanted gems, all infused with bits of the souls of famous beast hunters, including several in her family line, along with souls of demons and powerful beasts. All of the gems except for the gems of Lilith and Sanctis are explicitly from dead beings. There are numerous of the same gems made, with the Gem of Sanctis being very commonly used. The gauntlets have an unknown enchantment that seems to make them match the wearer in some way, with Talon's taking the shape of steel draconic scales.
Hunter Gauntlet gems:

Wasteland storyline equipment:
A leather jacket and pants
A sawed off shotgun with very limited ammo
Goggles(Due to her car not having a windshield)

-Vehicle-
Vehicle Name: Killer Queen
Vehicle Type: Extremely customizable car built off of parts she found in in the wasteland(She keeps it after she escapes the place, though upgrades it a bit further)
Weapon Systems: A rocket launcher(Has to be used by someone sitting at the back)
Attachments: Grappling hook, nitro boosters, armored windows(with the armor able to be moved out of the way for a clearer view), music player. 2 seats, with a bit of space in the open back for more people to sit. Spikes all over to prevent boarders, and blades on the rims. Along with a ramming attachment on the front. Engine modification, now simply runs off magic rather than gas.

Last edited by The Pinkest Catgirl on Mon May 07, 2018 3:38 pm; edited 67 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 2:50 pm

Updated, with the updated version of her backstory. Plus her armor design.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 11:50 pm

WIP notes about the dark sigil on her left arm:
It's a sign branded onto the left hands of Hellwatchers, both used as a protection from evil spirits and demons and a way to detect them, burning and bleeding whenever a demonic presence is around. Originally it was actually a symbol used by demon cults to attract evil demons to people for sacrificial purposes, and it still has its attractive properties, which means demons detect them just as well(if not even better) as they detect demons. Which is part of what causes people to absolutely avoid anyone wearing the uniform of a Hellwatcher unless there is already a demon attack.
The protection doesn't actually work as well as they think it does, as demonstrated when the group is possessed when they go into Hell with Talon. Talon is protected due to not crossing the Lawful Evil line as much as her allies do.

Talon's left arm being severed makes her lose the sigil, and the pain of losing an arm being less agonizing than the pain of being in Hell with a brand that causes pain even if a minor demon is around makes her able to focus and win the fight, even when she's heavily wounded and even blinded.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 7:05 pm

Idea: Dropping the original backstory and saying she is part of a fallen kingdom of people descended from demons, with her powers mostly being explained by her demonic nature giving her a stronger connection to magic. I haven't figured out what the race should be called, but I have figured out that the Hellwatchers(considered a division of the opposing kingdom's military) basically took out the kingdom and took in the ones they captured as demon slayers.
Or maybe even Talon is hunted down by them rather than being a member. It'd be more in-line with her Metroid Universe version, with her first entering the hellgate to escape them.
I'll be honest, I had the idea of Talon being badass former royalty by playing Fire Emblem Fates, Final Fantasy XV, and Dishonored 2.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Adding to the previous idea: Calling the race The Attuned(or something like that), and them not being demonic but magically infused instead, being strong in magic simply through their lineage. The Hellwatchers would be less magical in this version, considering magic to be a form of demonic heresy.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 1:29 am

Added Second Sight and doppleganger abilities, along with an extra detail saying that she's immune to the anti-"evil" effects of her sword.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 2:32 am

Added a new ability inspired by the Necromancer from Diablo II, general necromancy. I also came up with an ability that's probably one of the most violent things I've come up with, where Hawke fires the bones out of a corpse as spiked projectiles.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 10:31 pm

I added the ability to stop time and I might remove it from Laelia to compensate. I see more fun uses of it coming out of Hawke than him.

Also the hard rule for it is Prime Evils are immune to it, along with certain overwhelmingly strong demons(such as others that have the ability, or just a "she can't just time stop a boss character" rule). Talon gains the ability by absorbing a Prime Evil soul.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Idea: Rather than being a Hellwatcher(though she works with them), she is actually from a family of demon hunters herself, loosely based off the Belmont clan from Castlevania. The thing with the brand would be a Hawke mark instead, and the Hellwatchers would be an order that explicitly hates magic, considering it to be connected to demons.
The Hellwatchers would absorb the souls of demons through crystals attached to holy blades.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 12:01 am

I think I'll change her to using magic, I really see no point to her being psionic in this setting, since she has probably the most magical possible bloodline ever.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Added Emperor Soul. I'm not using the necromancy idea anymore but I still love summoning.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 4:30 am

I'm gonna try to focus the Hawkes a little more. Instead of being a random assortment of races, I'm focusing it down to dragons, like the Hawkes frequently pair up with a wide assortment of dragons, with the powers coming from the specific dragon bloodtype that's dominant in the person. Oddly enough, being a direct child of the dragon doesn't guarantee that they'll be that color of dragon.

Talon Hawke would have Platinum Dragon blood, which one of the ones that allows power copying along with time manipulation. The fire ones would be red, blue lightning, white ice, shadow darkness(Felix Hawke), etc. The people who have magical powers would all be descended from dragons in their universe.

Laelia is also descended from dragons but his universe has different rules for magic.

On another note, I'm thinking of making the setting be a usual medieval high fantasy setting, at least at the start. The demon gate opens centuries later during modern times. This lets me do pretty much anything I want with the characters.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 4:35 am

I'm also removing the whole weapon summoning aspect, at least from Talon. Every Hawke does have their own weapon, but they have to learn to store it in a pocket dimension from somewhere other than just having it from the start.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 6:46 am

I dropped the power copying concept. It felt too...superhero-y. Instead ending up a platinum drakeblood leads to her having time manipulation abilities, once she trains them of course.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 5:33 am

I dropped the idea of her being a platinum dragon, instead being a steel dragon. I can't find anything on a steel dragon's elements, so I just went with electricity and flame. Dropped time stop altogether because honestly it's a broken power.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Not dead, just quietly updating my characters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon   Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon Empty

Back to top Go down

Talon Hawke, the Steel Dragon
Page 1 of 1