A roleplay forum where the limit is your imagination, and the admin.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dead-Troid Universe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Dead-Troid Universe   Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:42 pm

Espera was in a large laboratory located near the center of the station surrounded by scientists, all intensively studying the strange rock formation recently discovered on a nearby planet. It was emitting immense quantities of energy, with no seeming source, and they were fascinated by this. Espera didn't trust the large black and red obelisk though. Whenever he was around it, it felt like there was something scratching at the back of his skull, something whispering in his ear, telling him to kill the others. If he weren't used to strange voices from the various experiments he did all the time, he would likely have listened to it and killed his fellow scientists without a second thought, and then moved on to the rest of the crew. But he had gotten quite good over the years at resisting mind control, mind bending substances and the like. The rest of the scientists and crew on the other hand, were not so lucky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Talon sat in the Hyperion SR2, leaning back in his seat as he played with his knife, watching the crew members on the bridge and idly playing some random music in his headset. His ship was close by the station, since he had nothing better to do he was working security.
(I really wasn't sure how to start yet)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:05 pm

As Talon sat in his ship and day turned to night (as much as you could have day and night aboard an orbital station shielded from the light of any star near enough to provide that kind of cycle) screams rang out over the comms, a distress signal of the most basic kind. The Marker had finally corrupted enough of the crew to lead to mass murder. With that, the reigns on the Marker's power were finally released, and the dead bodies of the crew mates began rising, mutated horribly into twisted monstrous versions of themselves (the most common form having bladed large arms at the shoulder points and smaller, more disturbing, arms coming out of the stomach) which killed more crew-members to be turned into mangled and maimed monstrosities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Talon had fallen asleep at the seat, not hearing the distress signal. But he was woken up by a necromorph pouncing at him. In a quick moment, sensing danger he woke up and jumped from his seat, dropkicking the necromorph away in midair before landing on the floor in front of his chair, seeing nothing but corpses around him, with blood writing on his walls. "I take a fucking nap and you guys decide to go crazy? This is why I don't leave you guys alone," he said. As it turned out, his ship was within the range of the marker. He activated his high frequency blade using his HUD, materializing it in his hand before slicing a claw off of the creature, grabbing it and throwing it at it hard enough to pin it to the wall.
Then he heard a message from the communications console. "This is Elaya Aran, we are under heavy attack from unknown creatures at the lab, we need assistance immediately!" Talon looked at the console, responding to the distress signal(which he was the only one who received it...), then decided to move through the halls of his ship, his weapon at the ready.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:30 pm

Espera had seen the first stages as the crew began going crazy, killing each other and then themselves, turning into necromorphs soon after. He was not going for it, and as they approached him (human and necromorph alike) he slaughtered them, slicing them to pieces with his tentacles and ripping organs and bone structures out with his hands. He would occasionally form plasma spears around them, having the spears converge onto the poor soul, impaling them dozens of times before exploding violently like his missiles of old, only worse (on the victim) due to the fact that it was inside the body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:37 pm

Talon tried scanning the creatures to find out what the hell they were. Nothing on them existed on any sort of database, but it did tell him that the creatures, oddly enough, could not survive if their limbs were amputated, despite being able to survive decapitation. Shrugging at this, he moved through the corridors with his blade in hand, looking for survivors. He came across a group of his men, who were wielding random tools as blunt weapons. They had crazed looks, covered in blood and sprinting straight at him. He raised an eyebrow and sliced their tools to pieces before grabbing one by the arm, breaking it, slamming him to the ground before grabbing the other by the waist and slamming him onto the first one, then shoulder smashing the last one into the wall, knocking them all out.
His visor came up with the term Necromorph for the creatures, and he came to the conclusion that they came from dead crew members. No sense in letting them make more of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:46 pm

Roan (as he was called now, and as I should have been calling him the entire time I've used his legacy form) was calmly walking the halls of the BSL like orbital station (how does Orbital Station Ozymandias sound?), slaying any Necromorphs that came his way as he had been. Occasionally he came across one that seemed stronger than the others and more suited to survival, and he would quickly slice off pieces of flesh from their bodies for DNA to use in his personal experiments; but other than that, nothing particularly eventful was happening with him. He wasn't particularly easy to scare, so the necromorphs jumping out a him, or seeming to revive off of the ground did nothing outside of prompt their death. Admittedly however, he was enjoying himself. For once, the creatures he wanted to kill were offering themselves to him willingly, instead of futilely running away (though this very thing had happened in the past, but it was usually out of fear of torture by their superiors, which ruined the warm fuzzy feeling he was getting inside). A small grin adorned his face as he moved calmly through the halls, humming tunes to songs from his past, such as "Still alive" -often for irony's sake- and occasionally clapping a little bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:10 am

Talon decided to speed things up, playing some battle music for the situation as he carved and slammed his way through the ship, finally making it to Killer Queen, sheathing his sword which converted back to energy, sitting down in his ship and flying out, moving toward the space station. "I'll save you, Elaya," he said as he docked with the station, jumping out and having a look around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:21 am

((alright, I came up with a look which may be added to Roan's profile given how cool it is, but here's the description, post after: "for the duration of the RP (from shortly after the Necromorphs became a thing to the end unless I change it for the moment later) Roan will be wearing no shirt, will have the forearm and back of hand part of his Arms/Shoulders portion of his armor (possibly the wings at times, but without the ragnarok or fire) and will have a crown made from horns on his head, the horns will start at his temples and wrap around his head (also going back towards the center of his forehead though not meeting due to the gem) splitting at the back to go up and down, meeting and wrapping around one another at the center of his forehead (these horns have the spiral design) between the top and bottom horn branches and held by the middle set lies the gem that usually resides atop his collarbone when armored, acting as his fifth eye in this case. The horns that wrap around his head have several smaller horns coming out of them every inch or two, with two at each point which wrap around each other leaving a centimeter between them. the gem lights his crown on fire (and has tendrils of flame coming out) as his hair is aflame as if he were armored. and last, but not least, his teeth are in a reduced (more heavy carnivore like) fang mode and his eyes (including the back-hand eyes) are all slitted like lizard or demon eyes, with the iris' and pupils being pointed ovals (the pupils being more like actual slits, and black for once), the whites being colored like flame." ...What do you think?))
Roan continued his near rampage, destroying the bodies of many of the crew-members with his power. On one occasion when he was surrounded by necromorphs and crew-members driven insane by the Marker's power he unleashed his plasma line, turning every enemy in front of him into dust as he impale those behind him with phazon spears, pinning them to walls.
((please read the PM I sent you on MU, I actually do need your answer to that one.the one that has to do with Dead-Zone.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:27 am

(That seems good.)
Talon put his hand to his ear, activating the codec system of his neural interface. "This is Talon Aran. Elaya, are you there? Good, you're alright, I'm here to help," he said. Obviously, to everyone in the ship he was pretty much just talking to himself, but he was talking to "Elaya". Or rather the Marker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:32 am

Roan, in the midst of enjoying himself for the first time in decades, had a thought: If he could get to the labs, he may be able to create a cure. Or create a worse disease for him to fight against, an idea which appealed more given how fun the necromorphs were to kill. He began humming quietly to himself the theme of "You are dead" from total distortion, grinning lightly again. This was quite the fun mess he had gotten himself in to, and his mother had always taught him to clean up his messes, and what better way than killing everything that came back to life? From his throat came a sound no one had heard from him in over a century: a chuckle. A deep horrifying chuckle that sounded like it came from the throats of a human and a demon simultaneously. The humans that had been about to attack him, insane as they were, backed off out of fear of the horrid visage he showed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:38 am

Talon sliced a security door open, kicking it in half and crushing two different necromorphs, swinging the blood off of his blade when he looked around. Then to him everything turned black and red and he felt a sharp pain in his head, holding onto it with his free hand as he collapsed against the wall. "MAKE US WHOLE", some sort of voice screeched into his head. He had accidentally tapped into the hive mind of the necromorphs. "What the fuck?!" he said, pulling himself up before headbutting a necromorph away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:44 am

Roan was continuing to slaughter the necromorphs when he sensed another being on the ship. Though that being may have been on the ship for some time, he didn't know, he had been having too much fun killing the foolish necromorphs. He took a second to tune himself to the entity, recognizing it's energy signature. "Talon. Old friend, why would you come here of all places at a time like this?" He says under his breath in the strange double voice, grinning wider. He decided to wait on getting to the labs, instead preferring to go see his friend.
(I know I thought about it at one point, but did I ever voice the suggestion that Espera create a mental link with Talon through their telepathy? It may have been in the random room to be honest, but something like that does seem like something Espera would do based on logic alone: Quicker contact with a strong ally. If I didn't may I make that suggestion now? I think it would certainly be interesting at the least.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:50 am

(I'd be up for it as a temporary thing, but I think he'd want to be able to switch it off)
Talon heard the thought. "I'm here looking for Elaya, she's here. These fucking things have her pinned down in the Marker storage area," he said, spinning his pistol before shooting all four limbs off of a necromorph in a quick burst.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:55 am

(...Well, I did mean it as a "Make contact and then close the line, or leave it open, whichever" Kinda thing.)
"Elaya? Your daughter?" Roan communicates the thought telepathically, not entirely sure how Talon had heard him speak over such a distance. "I don't sense her anywhere on the station. And what is "The Marker"? And why does it have a storage room?" Roan asks, confused, as he had never heard the name of the Markers, and they had not named it. Roan himself had referred to it as the twisting black phallic obelisk, one of the rare showings of his childish immature side since he had merged his two personalities and restored himself to his true state.
(you may want to read the PM that notified you of this reply if you didn't do so to get notified, it contains more than just "I replied".)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:10 am

Talon blinked a bit. "She mentioned it to me," he said, confused. "Some bigass power source thing," he said as he held down a necromorph with his boot, watching it flail and try to attack him before ripping its shoulder claws off. "Somethings' wrong here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:15 am

"I should say so. But as to the energy source, we picked up an obelisk from a nearby planet that does seem to radiate quite a bit of energy with no noticeable limit. Looks like two stretched pyramids wrapped around each other until the top where they only nearly meet after curving somewhat. colored black and red, very phallic." Roan says, impaling a necromorph with his bare hand as he speaks, ripping off their limbs with his tentacles. "I don't trust the thing. I believe it's what caused the crew to go crazy and kill each other, as well as the source of these creatures." he continues. After he finishes saying that, a dozen necromorphs attack him all at once, prompting a massive grin from Roan. He begins generating plazmon in the palm of his right hand (or more accurately, above it) quickly, then compressing it down once it reaches a diameter of fourteen inches, increasing it's heat and gravitational force as he continues to pump more plasma into the small star he was creating in the palm of his hand, finally throwing it once he felt it was large and dense enough, vaporizing the necromorphs close to the ball, and drawing the ones further away towards it, causing them to fly along with it, and turn to dust once close enough to be hit with enough of the heat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:47 am

"Well I still need to find my daughter, if it's been causing all this she's right at the source. Maybe I could tell her to destroy it," Talon said. "Wait that would be a bad idea, if it's a massive source of energy that could take out the whole station if we destroy it," he realized. Well realized in the sense that he believed it was a power source.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:55 am

"Heh, if it explodes I'll just absorb the energy coming out. That is, if the -...What did you call it? The Marker?- even IS an energy source. I don't see how an energy source would cause people to go insane, but then, I haven't exactly seen everything, so who knows." Roan telecommunicates, still killing necromorphs mercilessly. He grins and begins singing "Hail to the king" by Avenged Sevenfold at the top of his lungs. He was acting almost like he had before he had repaired his broken psyche, but somewhat more mature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:10 am

Talon looks down at the necromorph below him, looking at one in front of him before throwing the blade with enough force to pin it to the wall. "So where's the dick-rock stored?" he asked, playing with his pistol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:16 am

Roan pauses his singing for long enough to say "I'll send you a map of the facility, the lab where we were storing the Marker will be marked with a big X. Can't get much simpler or old school than that." and then resumes, sending Talon the map as promised. The quickest route to the marker lab was also marked with a red line. Roan began walking towards the lab again (yes, the one he had been about to go to when he noticed Talon), following the quickest route from his position, which involved going up several floors. A feat easily accomplished through speed-flying, which is what he did, followed by walking at a leisurely pace while keeping track of Talon's position (an equal number of floors above the lab), making sure to match his pace based on progress towards the lab, killing hordes of necromorphs when he felt he could get away with it. He intended to arrive at the same time through the door opposite the one Talon entered through, in full view.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:24 am

Talon saw the route and took it, running straight down the halls and even bodysurfing on one necromorph. When he got to the destination, he opened the door. "Made it," he said, spinning his pistols. Looking behind Roan, he saw Elaya, moving toward her quickly to hug her. She grinned and grabbed him, pushing him to the wall and trying to push his gun to his head. "What the fuck?" he asked, resisting the move. "Can't let you destroy the Marker," she said, with a rather echoey voice.

To Roan it would look like he was struggling to keep himself from shooting himself in the head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:27 am

(...mental link. You never said he closed it, so Roan sees Elaya as well, but can recognize her lack of presence due to not feeling any hunger, or noticing an energy signature, and when a being is comprised entirely of raw energy, that's pretty weird. anyway.)
"You mean like this?" Roan says, generating a large ball of plasma in his outstretched palm, turned up at the wrist so the ball was pointed directly at the Marker. While he does this, he kills a necromorph trying to sneak up behind him with one of his tentacles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:59 am

"Elaya" hisses as she grabs Talon's gun and tries to open fire on Roan, while Talon pulls a knife and tries to stab her in the leg, causing the vision to cry out in pain, which he takes as an opportunity to pull his gun free. Or rather just stop trying to shoot Roan. "You're," he said, grabbing the vision by the neck. "Not," he said as he lifted her over his head. "MY DAUGHTER," he said before breaking the vision's back on his knee, throwing her to the ground. He shook his head, trying to throw the thought that he just imagined himself breaking his daughter's back out of his mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:23 am

"...um." Roan says, blinking. "Not entirely what I expected." He follows. He then shrugs and starts to fire upon the marker, only to be stopped by a giant tentacle bursting through the wall and grabbing him, dragging him away to it's lair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead-Troid Universe   

Back to top Go down

Dead-Troid Universe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next