Total Fantasy Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A roleplay forum where the limit is your imagination, and the admin.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Metroid x Dead-Space

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sepulchre

Sepulchre

Metroid x Dead-Space Empty
PostSubject: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:44 pm

Planning for a crossover between the two, preferably using our metroid universe characters. I don't really know the story yet, but I know a fair amount about DS, so it shouldn't be TOO hard to plan. especially with help.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:48 pm

I'll be joining this as Talon Aran of course.
Back to top Go down
Sepulchre

Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:50 pm

but of course. legacy or modern version? I could really go either way with Espera, it would just be crazy seeing a ragnarok infected necromorph. Horrifying really. actually, reverse the order of those two.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:54 pm

I'd say Legacy since there's no real reason not to unless we want to bring in Samus and even then we have Salara.
Back to top Go down
Sepulchre

Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 7:00 pm

Yeah, I don't see Samus as being any better against necromorphs than anyone else. in fact, she'd probably only be about as good as Isaac if it weren't for lack of ammo limit on her guns. No, I think using our player original characters would be better, and since I've already got all ten of my characters claimed, and you don't really do claiming, I think it should just happen as a necromorph attack, not as part of the actual dead space series with all those characters included and interacting with ours outside of maybe a quick cameo. perhaps they are on a ship similar to the Ishimura (or Nishimura, I don't know), and the scientists pick up a marker from a nearby planet they were mining on, like how it happened with the Ishimura itself.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 7:11 pm

I don't think we should include any actual Dead Space characters(besides necromorphs of course), it's more interesting to me if we just make it just be its own thing.
Back to top Go down
Sepulchre

Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 7:18 pm

I agree. That's why I said just that. but, what are your thoughts on how we should work it? should we do the ship thing, or try for an "on planet" type thing instead, and just how should the necromorphs be unleashed on the poor not-us souls? obviously by a marker, but would they have made the marker, would they have found it? would it have fallen from the sky randomly, crushing a few dozen people under it's fat ass?
sorry for it taking so long, my browser crashed and I had to close it and open it back up again.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 7:20 pm

I'd say for the sake of having the Dead Space style to it, have it happen on a ship with the victims having picked it up off a nearby planet.
Back to top Go down
Sepulchre

Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 7:24 pm

so the original idea I suggested as a first possibility among others. to be honest, it's the one that appeals the most really. we really have everything we need now, Espera would obviously be a scientist on the ship, with a badass armor hidden in his back, and Talon would be...well, Talon. doing his own thing, right? unless you want to play with two characters each, I could bring in one other and you could have double Talon action going, it would just be a crossover with other stuff as well as the aforementioned metroid and dead space. I could honestly kind of see Nameless (also known as Nephilim Primus, though he's the child of god, not an angel and human) being on the ship and playing real well in this situation.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 7:28 pm

I'll just go with Aran, I get REALLY confused if I use both Talons in one RP.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Also we should also think of what the Marker makes our characters see(since that's one of the things the Marker plays off of). I was thinking Talon would see his parents(or even Samus) or something, but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Sepulchre

Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 8:19 pm

probably Samus, he actually knew her, he never really knew Rodney and Virginia, and likely wouldn't remember anything about them. As for Espera, He might be immune, his mental disorders and self-experimentation could have easily changed his mind in such a way that he wouldn't be affected, or at least not noticeably, after all, we never see what effect the markers have on other creatures, it in fact seems not to have one at all.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 1:13 am

Well actually I think the Marker can use visions of just people who were/currently are close to the victim to fuck with them now that I think about it. It could even send Elaya and Arisa after him, they don't have to be dead.
Back to top Go down
Sepulchre

Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:21 am

want me to look it up on the highly likely to exist dead-space wiki?
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 5:11 am

I did look into it on the wiki which stated that markers use an illusion of loved ones to fuck with people, though it still only named dead characters that it used. So it's kind of a "maybe, maybe not" thing.
I'd go with it just because it would make things more interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
Sepulchre

Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 11:14 am

okay then. Since you actually looked stuff up, did it say anything about other sentient races? Need to know if I'll have to pull Espera's old war buddies and parents out of the memory vault.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 3:45 pm

Only humans were sentient races(at least the only ones shown to be affected) in Dead Space, but we could say it could affect any sentient race really. But it might make sense for Espera to not be affected considering what you said before.
Back to top Go down
Sepulchre

Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:01 pm

okay then. Wanna start? Or do you still need to work on Talon's stuff?
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:03 pm

I'd be up for starting really.
Back to top Go down
Sepulchre

Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:06 pm

one last question: do we start during the event, or when the marker gets picked up?
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:13 pm

I'd say we start with a distress call being sent out by one of the ship's survivors, then Talon, Espera, and anyone else coming in to investigate.
Back to top Go down
Sepulchre

Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:14 pm

I was having Espera be one of the ship's crew.
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Oh that works then. We could start with the Marker being picked up, or after it's picked up in that case. I was thinking we could actually have it be a space station, or brought to a space station.
Another thing the wiki brought up is that the Marker can actually mess with peoples minds into making it think it's a powerful energy source, so they don't question why they're bringing around a big oddly shaped rock.
Back to top Go down
Sepulchre

Sepulchre

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:19 pm

yeah, I remember that part. And if space station is more what you're thinkin', we could go with any number of things. What kind of design would you suggest, or should we just make it up as we go?
Back to top Go down
The Pinkest Catgirl
Admin
The Pinkest Catgirl

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:22 pm

I'd say a BSL style station(but bigger?), which could also lead to many different kinds of necromorphs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metroid x Dead-Space   Metroid x Dead-Space Empty

Back to top Go down

Metroid x Dead-Space
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next